I found this poster which lists the (supposedly) only 12 ½ writing rules you’ll ever need..
Let’s see how I’m doing!
- If you write every day, you get better at writing every day.
- Well I do write every day
- If it’s boring to you, it’s boring to your reader.
- Amen to that
- Get a writing routine, and stick with it.
- Hmmm… there’s room for improvement here :-p
- Poetry does NOT have to rhyme.
- Oh rly??! Luckily for you, I don’t do poetry ^_^
- Resist stereotypes, in real life and in your writing.
- Resistance is futile :-p
- Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
- Yeah I read a lot :)
- Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.
- Hemm.. does this list count??
- There doesn’t always have to be a moral to the story.
- Thank God!!!!
- Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.
- Usually I take notes on my phone..
- Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.
- Yeah yeah…
- Don’t settle on just one style. Try something new!
- Learn to tell both sides of the story.
- Now, this is going to be tough
I suppose I’m not doing all that bad, aye? Not that good either tough… :-/